The Reformed Chaldean Mass is the work of a Patriarchal Liturgical Committee begun by Patriarch, His Beatitude Raphael I Bidawid of blessed memory, interacting with the whole hierarchy of the Chaldean Church and continued under the patronage of our beloved Patriarch Mar Emmanuel III Delly. The Committee, comprised of experts in the Chaldean Liturgy, worked in cooperation with the Chaldean Synod of bishops for fifteen years before the Text of the Reformed Mass was finalized, approved and presented to the Holy See for official recognition. The most significant dates are as follows:
* November 12, 2005 – the Chaldean Holy Synod in Rome approves the Reformed Missal.
* February 18, 2006 – the Vatican gives the Reformed Missal its official recognition.
* January 6, 2007 – the date given for the beginning of the New Mass by the Chaldean Holy Synod held in Shaqlawa, Iraq on May 9-11, 2006.
The Liturgical Reform has continued in St. Peter Diocese in the following:
– The Hudhra, the Liturgy of the Hours
– The Liturgical Calendar
– The Rite of Baptism
– The Rite of Forgiveness, including public Hussaya and private Confession
– The Blessing of Marriage
– The Funeral Rite
– Spiritual Devotions
Copyright © 2019 | Kaldu.org